Get into a new home from just 3k* deposit
Now is the time for eligible first home buyers to buy your own home from just a $3K* deposit.
With locations all over Adelaide, find out how Metro can help you stop renting and buy your own home!
Instead of buying a block of land and then finding a builder for your home, at Metro we can help find you a house and land package and bundle it all together.
This means you can choose one of our many designs or customise your own design at the same time you purchase your land.
How does it work?
Lower upfront costs
House & Land packages can be a good way to reduce upfront costs because:
- You only pay stamp duty on the land value and not the house
- HomeStart can lend up to 97% of the value of the house and land package to those who are eligible
- First house buyers could also be eligible for the $15,000^ First Home Owner Grant to put towards your deposit, fees and charges
- HomeStart does not charge Lender’s Mortgage Insurance (LMI), which could save you thousands on upfront costs.
Pay no loan repayments for 9 months or until your home is built, whichever comes first.
When you combine a HomeStart loan with a house and land package with Metro, you can choose not to make loan repayments for the first 9 months or until construction is complete, whichever comes first. This means you don’t need to cover loan repayments, as well as having to pay rent while you wait for your home to be built.
Fixed price and construction period
Metro will commit to a fixed price**, prior to approval of your loan of your new home, as well as committing to complete the build within a specified time. This means there will be no surprises, and you can stress less about hidden costs and delays in getting into your new home.
Less progress draws
There are normally 6 progress payments (drawdowns) for the work completed during the construction process. Each payment adds to the interest cost of the loan. When you combine a HomeStart loan with a house and land package by Metro, there are usually only 3 progress payments, which could save you thousands in interest.
Deferred Land Settlement
A major contributor to the overall cost of a house and land package is the period between settlement of the land, planning & council approval and the commencement of construction. When you combine a HomeStart loan with a house and land package with Metro, settlement of the land does not occur until all approvals are in place and commencement of construction has been scheduled.
Get started today to find out more about this offer!
* Source Homestart finance: www.homestart.com.au. HomeStart’s from $3,000 deposit offer is not a Metro Homes product, and is available through HomeStart. For terms and conditions on this offer, please refer to https://www.homestart.com.au/learn-more/im/building/house-land-package. This offer is subject to changes as per HomeStart’s lending criteria.
^ for terms and conditions on the $15,000^ First Home Owner Grant, please refer to https://www.revenuesa.sa.gov.au/FHOG.
** Subject to the contract becoming unconditional finance approval by the subject to finance clause date in contract.
Find us on